Finch eventually met part-time Tone Distributor stockroom clerk & phone receptionist Harry Wayne Casey. Their first successful songwriting collaboration ("Rock Your Baby") was a hit for TK artist, George McCrae, and from there, KC and the Sunshine Band - co-founded by Finch and Casey (which was originally a studio concept nurtured by Henry Stone) was born.
The Casey/Finch collaboration played a significant role in changing the sound and direction of 20th Century pop music and their influence is felt on many of today's recordings.
To their credit, they have:
* Over 150 million recordings worldwide
* Twelve Grammy nominations
(including three Producer nominations on the first round 2010 Grammy Award Ballot)
* Three Grammy Awards
* One American Music Award
* 15 BMI Songwriter/Arranger Awards
* Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum awards
* 17 #1 pop singles - including four #1 singles in one12-month period
* Three crossover #1 hits and two albums achieving triple platinum status
The catchy, legendary music co-created, produced and arranged by Rick Finch has been utilized thousands of times in both sales media and entertainment projects throughout the world.
The signature Rick Finch bass lines are recognized worldwide and have been sampled by artists including 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Ultra Nate and Beyoncé to name a few.